Sharing photos and videos of parishioners and events at Bethlehem Lutheran Church is a privilege for us, and we intend to respect and honor it.
In this digital age, the church takes many pictures of church events (eg. baptisms, choir performances and concerts, worship services, mission trips, special presentations, Sunday School, fellowship activities and community outreach projects). We use these pictures to record, to promote, and to celebrate our church ministries. Pictures are used on bulletin boards, in slide shows and PowerPoint presentations, in printed publications, and on our church web site and social media.
- Printed publications include church newsletters, brochures, invitations, etc.
- Online sharing includes church newsletters (online version), website, Facebook page and groups, and Instagram
Media Use Policy
- Photos and videos are almost always of people in public spaces, and/or at public events.
- We will not knowingly post anything that would be embarrassing, objectionable or hurtful to anyone in a photo or video.
- We do not identify children or youth by name in the photos and videos we use in our online and printed publications.
- To ensure the privacy of children and adults, the use of full names or personal identifying information requires verbal approval for adults and written approval for children from the parent or legal guardian.
- If copyright for a photo or video is held by someone other than Bethlehem Lutheran Church, we will receive permission to post it and gladly provide credit if desired by the photographer.
- We will gladly remove any photo or video upon request from our online sites. If you see a photo that includes you or your child and would like it removed from the site, please call 503-649-3380 or notify the office at email@example.com with the details.
Media Opt-Out Form
Some persons may choose not to have their photos, or photos of their children, used and we respect their wishes. Therefore, we are providing a Media Opt-Out form for individuals or families who prefer NOT to have photographs of themselves used by the church. If you have no objection to the use of your photos, you do not need to sign or return this form.
Permissions for Use of Our Media and Content
We ask for your respect in return. Unless otherwise indicated, photographs and videos are the property of and are copyrighted by Bethlehem Lutheran Church and may not be used for any purpose (including but not limited to: downloading, printing, distributing, linking) without permission from Bethlehem Lutheran Church
We grant permission for limited sharing of our media and content. You may share YouTube Videos, website articles and Facebook stories on social media. You may link to our posted content but may not download and share content on a personal web page without permission. Please add attribution to Bethlehem Lutheran Church for any media you share with permission.
Please call 503-649-3380 or write to us at 18865 SW Johnson St. Aloha, OR 97003 if you have any questions or concerns about our Media Use Policy. You can also send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org Thank you.